We LOVE pickles! At any given time you can find a jar in our fridge. Whether or not it has any pickle juice left in it will be another story!
A couple years ago we started making our own. This assures we can keep our jar full & feel good about what’s going in them.
- 1 lb. pickling cucumbers (you could also use carrots, green beans, cauliflower, celery, green tomatoes, jalapenos or okra)
- 1/4 C Of Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 C Distilled White Vinegar (you could also use champagne or white wine vinegar)
- 1 C Water
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 6 Sprigs of Dill
- 2 Bay Leaves
1. Divide the vegetables between 2 16 oz. mason jars
2. Whisk together salt, agave, vinegar and water
3. Divide the garlic, dill and bay leaves between the jars
4. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and cover the jars
5. Refrigerate and start enjoying after 2-3 days. Can be kept up to one month.