1. HAVE A HEALTHY THANKSGIVING! Nobody wants to totally avoid their favorite foods during the holidays. But we also want to ward off the holiday weight gain! Making simple exchanges will give you the best of both worlds!
- Load up on veggies first
- Skip the starch & enjoy your piece of pie
- Enjoy smaller portions of heavy side dishes
- Gonna go all out when its time for the feast? Start off with healthy protein & veggies instead of a pancake breakfast.
2. GET MOVING! Sticking to your workouts will keep your energy up- and you’re going to need a lot of energy to navigate the parties and stave off weight gain this holiday season!
3. FIGHT COLD SEASON! Taking care of your body, getting enough rest & eating well will help you stay healthy even when your kids or family members are coughing and sneezing nonstop. Maintaining a positive attitude can have a powerful effect on the length of a cold.
4. GEAR UP FOR TRAVEL! If you’re flying- take your own snacks and fill your water bottle after security-stay hydrated to keep your immune system strong. Once you get to your location, make the grocery store your first stop! Stocking your hotel fridge with healthy snacks will save you time, money & poor choices. If you’re driving- take a small ice chest & choose to pit stop at the grocery store instead of a fast food joint!
5. FOCUS ON THE GOOD! It’s easy to be consumed by the things that go wrong, but feeling grateful for the positive aspects of your life can boost your mood, energy levels, and strengthen relationships with your loved ones. So take the holiday to heart and stop a second during the busy day to remember all the things you’re thankful for.